Why are These the Best Housing Markets of 2012?
Let's look at the best housing markets of 2012. First, a bit of fun. From Stone Age until now, man has brought about tremendous changes in his habitat. Amenities of our contemporary houses offer a level of comfort well beyond that of providing a shelter. After work or school, we all expect to be soothed and find peace of mind by the atmosphere we have created there. After all, our houses are reflections of our personality and lifestyle. It's why we obsess over cool home design ideas.
Yes, this place called home, plays a crucial role for our well being and somewhat determines our quality of life. Unlike other features like clothing, buying a house is a significant investment and thus requires that every single aspect around it be smartly considered before actually making an acquisition.
Alongside our purse, let’s take the first and most critical criterion to be the location of residences. Your choice of location will be dependent on your profession, your place of work, the size of the family and if you have kids, location of schools and availability of hobbies. Let's take a look at some favorites on the list of best housing markets of 2012.
• Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania is tagged as a potential glamor town and is known for its high quality of life with recreational centers, sports facilities, community centers and good standards of education. Currently, people living there enjoy a salary level a little above the U.S average. Houses are available in a broad range of price and styles. It is good to know that Pittsburgh records a low crime rate.
• Worcester, Massachusetts offers bigger houses at a cheaper price; houses are more affordable. The city has just undergone major investment in transportation in view of improving the network. The city is well known for its nine universities and colleges. The housing market there is diverse in terms of style; you can easily find old stylish house or contemporary condominiums
• Houston/Sugarland/Baytown, Texas are preferred for job seekers because of the current boom on the employment market emerging from the energy sector and has seen residential growth in suburbs rather than city centers.
• Akron, Ohio is also a good place for job seekers in the manufacturing sector while housing costs dropped. A prominent aspect of Akron in the stability of its neighborhoods and the opportunities for new construction. The department of Planning and Urban development is investing in quality properties to improve outward appearance.
• New Orleans/Metairie-Kenner, Louisiana has witnessed a coming back owing to its positive outlook and stronger job growth in leisure and hospitality sector.
Well the story doesn’t stop there, take your time to study, visit and compare the different options, bearing in mind that investment in your home is a decision that impacts on your life. There is a significant number of unsold homes and housing demand has been lower there. And that is what makes this the best housing market in recent years. Low prices, low interest rates and high supply mean you're bound to find good deals.
Before you go house hunting, learn a bit more about the home buying process from mortgage pre-approval to closing costs. Download "The Essential Guide to Buying Your First Home" at the button below. This free guide will help you get on the right track to tackle the current housing market.
creative commons photo credit