The PowerSaver Grant from AmeriFirst Home Mortgage covers closing costs when a home buyer (or homeowner refinancing their home) makes specific energy efficient home improvements with FHA 203k.
The PowerSaver Grant helps home buyers and homeowners add energy efficient upgrades to their home, qualifying for a rebate of sorts - approximately $2,000 on average - in closing costs paid by AmeriFirst Home Mortgage as "lender credits." The amount depends on the amount of the loan.
Eligible home improvements include:
- Energy Star furnace
- Energy Star air conditioner
- Energy Star water heater
- Duct sealing
- Approved insulation
- Approved window replacement
- Storm window/door installation
- Energy Star specified roof repair/replacement
- Ground source heat pump
- Sustainable energy upgrades like fuel cells, solar panels or wind turbine