The PowerSaver Grant from AmeriFirst Home Mortgage covers closing costs when a home buyer (or homeowner refinancing their home) makes specific eco-friendly home improvements with FHA 203k.
The PowerSaver Grant helps home buyers and homeowners add energy efficient upgrades to their home, qualifying for a rebate of sorts - approximately $2,000 in closing costs paid by AmeriFirst Home Mortgage as "lender credits." The amount depends on the amount of the loan.
Eligible home improvements include:
- Energy Star furnace
- Energy Star air conditioner
- Energy Star water heater
- Duct sealing
- Approved insulation
- Approved window replacement
- Storm window/door installation
- Energy Star specified roof repair/replacement
- Ground source heat pump
- Sustainable energy upgrades like fuel cells, solar panels or wind turbine