Your home is your sanctuary, and making a few subtle or even bold changes can give it a whole new look and feel. And we all know that brightening up our home is a great way to brighten our mood, so let's get started with a few DIY home decor project ideas.
Stimulate Your Senses
A few simple steps can make a world of difference, so consider changing what you see, smell, and hear.
- Add a water feature to your main living space. This can be anything from a small table top waterfall to an larger piece that will completely redefine the tone of the room it's in. The sound of bubbling water will make the room seem calmer, inviting relaxation.
- Change your lighting. Consider installing some track lighting to soften the feel of your living spaces, while highlighting the features that deserve to stand out. Your home will immediately seem richer and more luxurious - for a very small investment.
- Place some scented candles around your home. With fall in full swing and winter on the way, it's time to hunker down and be cozy, and a few well placed candles not only adds to the lighting, but will create warm inviting spaces that you don't ever want to leave.
Brighten Your Spaces
Winter's gray enough on it's own, and a few quick and affordable redecorating projects will add some well needed color to the upcoming months. Consider these four ideas to liven up your home.
- Paint your front door. It can be done in half a day for under $50, and you'll be amazed at the change it makes to your home. Something bright and cheery will make all the difference when you come home after another long, cold, day.
- Wallpaper your bathroom. Choose something funky and fun that will make you smile. Bathroom's are great because they don't necessarily have to flow with the rest of the home's decor, and you can really let your inner child shine with this project.
- Put spot lights in your front yard. And no, not the big ones - just something small that will make your home stand out on those dark winter nights and make it look even more inviting.
- Put candles in all your windows. The electric kind are best, and they add just the right amount of festive cheer to any home, and will make your house glow with warmth.
These are some good tips to get you started - just remember, simple changes make huge differences!