The HomeStyle Renovation mortgage enables a borrower to obtain a purchase transaction mortgage or a limited cash-out refinance mortgage and receive funds to cover the costs of repairs, remodeling, renovations or energy efficient improvements to the property.
There are no required improvements or restrictions on the types of repairs allowed or a minimum dollar amount for the repairs. Repairs or improvement, however, must be permanently affixed to the real property and add value to the property.
When HomeStyle is used for energy-related improvements, borrowers are required to obtain an energy report to identify recommended energy improvements to the property and the estimated cost savings associated with those improvements.
With a 10% down payment you can add your taste & style to a house to make it your home with remodeling projects like a new kitchen, bathroom, room addition or energy efficient upgrades. HomeStyle Renovation allows you to buy a home and fix it up, or refinance and remodel your current home.
- Purchase or refinance & remodel
- 10% minimum down payment for primary, single-family residences (10% for second homes)
- You can use gift funds for down payment & closing costs for owner occupied, primary residences after you contribute a minimum 3% down payment
- 3% seller contribution allowed
- Cosmetic and structural renovations allowed
- Allowable improvements can include landscaping, appliances, swimming pools and more