Amerifirst Home Mortgage Email Privacy
Amerifirst Home Mortgage will never sell, rent, give away or trade your email address. We do not take part in any list selling or buying for mortgage leads, also called "trigger leads." Your email is precious to you, and we respect that. If at any time you want to stop hearing from Amerifirst Home Mortgage, you can click "unsubscribe" in our emails. You can also reply and a real person will see that email. We respect your privacy and we value your business. If you want to ask us any questions or have any concerns, please email us. Now that we cleared that up, you're safe to subscribe to the Amerifirst blog!
Amerifirst Financial Privacy Notice
Click here for the PDF version of the Amerifirst Financial Privacy Notice
Rev. December 2022
WHAT DOES AMERIFIRST FINANCIAL CORPORATION DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Why? Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
What? The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Social Security number and Income
- Assets and Credit history
- Credit scores and Account balances
How? All financial companies need to share customers' personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers' personal information; the reasons AMERIFIRST FINANCIAL CORPORATION chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
|Reasons we can share your personal information
||Does Amerifirst Financial Corporation share?
||Can you limit this sharing?
For our everyday business purposes -
Such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond
to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus
For our marketing purposes -
To offer our products and services to you
|For joint marketing with other financial companies
|| We don't share
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes -
Information about your transactions and experiences
|| We don't share
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes -
Information about your creditworthiness
|| We don't share
|For our affiliates to market to you
|For our non affiliates to market to you
To limit our sharing
If you are a new customer, we can begin sharing your information 30 days from the date we sent this notice. When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
However, you can contact us at any time to limit our sharing.
Questions? Call (800) 466-5626 or go to www.amerifirst.com
Who we are
Who is providing this notice? Amerifirst Financial Corporation
What we do
How does Amerifirst Financial Corporation protect my personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply
with federal regulations to guard your personal information. These
measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
How does Amerifirst Financial Corporation collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you:
- Apply for a loan or Give us your contact information
- Give us your income information or Provide account information
- Provide employment information
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus or other companies.
Why can’t I limit all sharing? Federal law gives you the right to limit only:
- Sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your creditworthiness
- Affiliates from using your information to market to you
- Sharing for non-affiliates to market to you State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
What happens when I limit sharing for an account I hold jointly with someone else?
- Your choices will apply to everyone on your account.
||Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
- AMERIFIRST FINANCIAL CORORATION does not share with our affiliates.
||Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
- AMERIFIRST FINANCIAL CORPORATION does not share with nonaffiliates so they can market to you.
|| A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
- AMERIFIRST FINANCIAL CORPORATION doesn’t jointly market.
Other important information
AmeriFirst Financial Corporation restricts access to non-public personal information about you to only employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you.
Under CCPA, California residents have the right to know about information collected disclosed or sold, the right to opt out of the sale of certain information, and a limited right to have businesses delete information a business has collected about the consumer. These rights extend only to California residents and information covered by CCPA. Because CCPA does not cover all consumer data in all situations, only certain consumer data subject to these rights.
Other laws may govern data we gather about you or you provide to us including, but not limited to:
- Information to or from a consumer reporting agency if that information is to be reported in, or used to generate, a consumer report as defined by subdivision (d) of Section 1681a of Title 15 of the United States Code, and use of that information is limited by the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (15 U.S.C. Sec. 1681 et seq.)
- Information collected, processed, sold, or disclosed pursuant to the federal Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act (Public Law 106–102), and implementing regulations, or the California Financial Information Privacy Act (Division 1.4 (commencing with Section 4050) of the Financial Code). PLEASE NOTE: Any personal data collected in relation to a mortgage loan is exempt from the consumer rights to know, delete and opt-out created under CCPA because this information is governed by the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the California Financial Information Privacy Act (CFIPA) or other state and federal laws which exempt this data from CCPA.
Rights under CCPA
Right to know about personal information collected, disclosed, or sold
- Under the CCPA, Residents of California have the right to request to know what categories of information that Amerifirst has collected, uses, or discloses. After a request is received, Amerifirst will confirm receipt of the requests within 10 days, and will respond within 45-90 days, depending on request’s level of complexity.
- How to submit a request In order to submit a request to know or delete, you can reach Amerifirst toll free at 1 (800) 466-5626 or at CCPA_requests@amerifirst.com.
- How we verify your identity. In order to ensure that Amerifirst does not release your information to a bad actor, Amerifirst will seek to verify your identity before release or deleting information. If you are requesting the release of categories of information, Amerifirst will request two data points for verification. If you are requesting the release of specific information, Amerifirst will request three pieces of personal information that Amerifirst has already collected.
- Personal Information we collect. Amerifirst collects non-GLBA marketing information at various points through the use of internet cookies, third party leads, and forms that you might fill out to inquire about our services. Categories of information that Amerifirst collects may include identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, IP address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers, any categories of personal information described in subdivision (e) of section 1798.80, characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained or considered , or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies, internet or other electronic network activity information, including but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an website, application, or advertisement, geolocation data, audio, electronic, visual, or similar information, professional or employment-related information, education information, and inferences drawn from any of the information described above to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, preferences, predispositions, behavior or attitudes.
- Sale, disclosures, and sharing of your personal information. Amerifirst does not sell your information. Amerifirst may disclose, and may have disclosed, any of the above information for everyday business purposes to entities such as advertising networks, internet service providers, data analytics providers, data analytics providers, real estate service companies, title service companies, government entities, operating systems or platforms, social networks, or lenders involved with your transaction.
- Third parties sources. Amerifirst may collect any of the above information from third parties such as consumers directly, advertising networks, data analytics providers, governmental entities, social networks, or real estate partners.
- Purpose of collection. Amerifirst collects the above information for the following purposes: Auditing related to a current interaction with the consumer and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards; Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity; Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality; Short-term, transient use, provided that the personal information is not disclosed to another third party and is not used to build a profile about a consumer or otherwise alter an individual consumer’s experience outside the current interaction, including, but not limited to, the contextual customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction; Performing services on behalf of the business or service provider, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytic services, or providing similar services on behalf of the business or service provider; Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration; Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by the business, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by the business.
- Amerifirst does not sell the information of minors.
Right to deletion of personal information
- Residents of California have the right to request to know or delete non-GLBA personal information. After a request is received, Amerifirst will confirm receipt of the request within 10 days, and will respond within 45-90 days, depending on the level of complication in the request.
- In order to submit a request to delete or know, you can reach Amerifirst toll free at 1 (800) 466-5626 or online at CCPA_requests@amerifirst.com
- If you are requesting that Amerifirst delete non-GLBA information, Amerifirst will request two data points for verification.
Right to opt out of the sale of personal information
Residents of California have the right to opt out of the sale of their personal information. However, Amerifirst does not sell your information.
Right to non-discrimination for the exercise of a consumer’s privacy right
Residents of California have the right not to be discriminated against simply for exercising their rights. Amerifirst will never give you a lower level of service simply because you exercised your rights.