Refinance Your Mortgage
Low rates, cashing out equity or paying for a remodeling dream – all great reasons to consider refinancing your mortgage. Get the process started with an experienced mortgage consultant.
Helpful Mortgage Refinancing Checklist
To help you get your mortgage approval as quickly as possible, gather the following items to go with your mortgage application:
- Copy of your homeowner's insurance declarations page and a copy of the title work from your current home
- Paycheck stubs for the most recent 30-day period or a signed 30-day printout from your employer(s)
- Current Proof of Income Letter from Social Security if applicable (If you do not have a recent letter, you can request one online by visiting Social Security Online Services or by contacting your local Social Security Office)
- W-2's and 1099's from all employers for the past 2 years (including unemployment compensation if applicable)
- If you are: self-employed, commissioned, a driver, in sales or have rental property - provide complete tax returns for the past 2 years and a year-to-date profit & loss statement
- Copy of valid driver's licenses or state ID cards for all borrowers
- Divorce/Child Support papers and 1-year Friend of the Court payment history
- Account numbers, balances and payment amounts for all open debt
- Copy of 2 months bank statements or a 90-day printout that is stamped and signed by the bank(s)
- Copy of the most recent statement for any asset accounts you have (401k, IRA, life insurance, etc.)
- VA Mortgages require your DD214 and Certificate of Eligibility
- Bankruptcy paperwork (all schedules and addendums) and Discharge Notice
- Application fee as specified by your Mortgage Consultant
These items are a guideline to what you will likely need during the refinance stage. You may be asked to gather additional paperwork or different documentation.
Ready to Get Started?
Now that you know what's involved and you're ready to get started, you can begin the mortgage application process online and either complete the entire process online or simply fill out a quick form online and one of our mortgage experts will schedule time to walk through the process with you personally.